Monday, April 26, 2010

The Rolling Stones - That's How Strong My Love Is

What's this? His first Stone's song review and it's a cover? An Otis Redding cover? How dare he!

Meh, I dare.

I like this version. I don't like it better than the Otis version, I just like it different, that's all. There is something about the way Mick sings, claws, hurls the word strong at you that just really hits it right where it bleeds. Otis's's love is too pure, too gentle, too sweet steamy soul. Mick's love is desperate, angry, primal, and throaty. Ju pick.

I like old Stones. It often goes unnoticed because half the songs on their early albums were just RnB covers. No beef here with Paul and John on this one, but I'd rather listen to the Stone's cover Route 66 than ever ever ever hear Mr. Moonlight again in my life. That's how strong my hatred for that song is.

No comments:

Post a Comment