Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Hold Steady - Killer Parties

Ahh The Hold Steady, a band I must admit that I am hardly familiar with. I think I bought their album "Boys and Girls in America" many many years ago and decided I hated it after just one listen. I don't remember why, most every reviewer would tell me I'm wrong. But that was I only listen to 60s music Dave, today is I'll give anything a chance so long as it doesn't sound like Animal Collective Dave.

Lots of songs try hard to get into a groove. It's easy for artists to jam, but the same can't be stead about drawing the listener into the groove, that point where the music seems to actually breathe, into and out, at a very steady pace. Namaste.

"Killer Parties"
does it. Don't axe me how, the secret of the groove cannot be explained. You just feels it is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment